Personal Support Workers Foundational Theory Program (PSW)
St. Elizabeth(SE) healthcare, one of the largest and reputed healthcare facilities Canada in association with Chemmanur Academy is launching the PSW foundational theory course due to the immense demand for personal support workers in the healthcare industry around the world. The course uses SE health’s curriculum standards online study, textbook, quizzes, learning journey and final exam.
Highlights – Free Kuwait Placement
- On successful course completion,
- certificate of completeion from internationally recognized SE Health, Ontario, Canada.
- LOI(Offer Letter) released immediately after the admission into the program, from Royale Home Health – a division of Royale Hayat Hospital, Kuwait, which is the No.1 healthcare facility in Kuwait.
- Royale Hayat Hospital has been awarded best hospital in Kuwait by service hero for the 11th year in a row and is a proud holder of Gold Canadian accreditation by accreditation Canada. Royale Hayat continues to provide the safest, most modern and highest quality of medical care and services to the Kuwaiti society.
- Successful candidates on completion of the program will be eligible for the placement at Royale Home health.
- Salary 200 KD
- Salary for nurses category(GNM & BSc) – 275 to 325 KD
- Conditions apply
Details & Objectives of PSW Program
- It is an online self study program with 400 hours content and Chemmanur Academy will provide faculty assistance for monitoring and completion of the program.
- The Personal Support Worker program prepares to provide care and assistance to clients of any age who have health care needs including help with their activities of daily living including their physical , emotional, social and cognitive needs.
- The PSW Foundational theory exam and certificate of completion is provided by SE Health.
- The course uses SE Health’s curriculum standards online study, text book, quizzes, learning journey and final exam.
- Candidates to pass English competency text.
Highlights – Canada Placement
- Secondary School Education.
- Nursing/caregiving study program from any reputed private institution or has on the job nursing/caregiving experience.
- IELTS – 5/5.5 overall
- CPR & First aid is usually required
- Healthcare aide
- Hospital attendant
- Long term care aide
- Nurse aide
- Nursing attendant
- Patient care aide
- Psychiatric aide
- Answer call signals, supply and empty bed pans, bathe, dress & groom patients, serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; weigh, lift, turn and position patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients’ exercise routines, set up and provide leisure activities for patients, accompany patients on outside outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort.
- Take patients blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients’ status and document patient care on charts; administer first aid in emergency situations; collect specimens such as urine, faeces or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff.
- Transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery.
- Carry messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments.
- Make beds and maintain patients’ room
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- May perform maintenance tasks such as assisting with the set up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment and assembling, setting-up and operationg job related equipment.
- May transport patients between care facilities.
- The online course of 400 hrs will complete the foundational Theory PSW course.
- Successful candidates on completion of the program will be eligible for placement to the healthcare providers internationally. Current requirement to Royale Home Health, a division of Royale Hayat Hospital , Kuwait .
- Royale Hayat Hospital has been awarded Best Hospital in Kuwait by Service Hero for the 9th Year in a row and is a proud holder of Gold Canadian accreditation by Accreditation Canada. Royale Hayat continues to provide the safest, most modern and highest quality of medical care and services to the Kuwaiti society .
- The candidate has the option to do the bridge programme and the challenge exam offered by SE health, Canada at no cost. If they are hired by SE health, the candidate can work, get paid and complete the bridge programme.